Sunday, May 11, 2008

Who's Next?

If you watch American Idol, you should know that the finals are fast approaching. I know you already have your bets so let me share to you my thoughts on not only the contestants but also the judges, the season and the show. ;D

THE CONTESTANTS

1. David Archuleta. He is actually my bet. =) Now, I know a lot of you might disagree with me. "David Cook's better at picking and arranging his songs" or "Syesha's obviously a better singer". You know what, you maybe you're right but what I'm sure of is Archuleta has a lot of potential, talent and screaming fans. He's still 17 and with his voice and piano skills, I think he can really be big someday. I am sure he has millions of teen/tween girl fans. As Richard Rushfield of Los Angeles Times' put it, "No demographic can match the voting power of hysterically excited teen girls". I agree because if I was in America, I'd be one of those hysterically excited teen girls who'd vote for him every single week. :D :D :D Win or lose, this guy won't find it hard to get into stardom because of his choice of music genre and physical features. ;)

2. David Cook. Though I am an Archuleta fan, I admit, he has a lot of fans too and he performs really well. He is more of a performer than a singer for me. I can't decide who has more fans, him or Archuleta because I think that Cook's fans are not just teens but adults too. Archuleta is cute but Cook's hawt hot. ;) The only problem I have with him is that he's a rocker. Now, okay, I appreciate rock music and rockers but I do not believe in the versatility of their voices. Win or lose, this guy's going to have a tough time staying in the limelight. Look at all the rockers from Idol, they have one hit and *caapoosh* they say "bye,bye" to stardom.

3. Syesha Mercado. Sorry, Syesha fans. I'm not rooting for her. Yes, she has an amazing voice. She's a better singer than Archuleta and Cook but I think she has the least number of fans among the 3. She has been in the Bottom 3 5 times while the Davids have never been in the Bottom 3. The pretty boys pretty much own this season. ;) Win or lose, she's going to have the toughest time to get into the limelight. I can't find the "X Factor" in her. Can you??

THE JUDGES
1. Simon Cowell. The 'meanie' in the group. Not my favorite judge because his harsh comments are not at all needed.
2. Paula Abdul. She's usually the one complimenting the contestants. I don't agree with her most of the time. She's my least favorite judge.
3. Randy Jackson. Whatsup, Dawg?! :)) Definitely my favorite! He balances the group and when he finds a performance aweful, he doesn't say it in a harsh way. :D

THE SEASON

My favorite season's still Season 5. This season is probably my 2nd favorite season. ;)

THE SHOW
No matter how much I love some of their former contestants, I believe that this show will be cancelled after 2 or 3 seasons. = It's losing its credibility because of controversies here and there and they are losing viewers too!
Did you notice how predictable this season was? Sure, there were some surprises but whoever doubted that the Davids would not get into the top 3 must be crazy! Now, if they are this season's top 2 which I am very much hoping for, I wouldn't be surprise at all! That should also prove how much more of a popularity contest than a talent search this show is.

So that wraps it up for my thoughts on American Idol Season 7! ;) Thoughts??

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOTHERS OUT THERE!

No comments: