Saturday, May 17, 2008

Too much excitement

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us'/

A month ago, I entered my Multiply blog in this contest in the Candymag website for aspiring teen bloggers. I never really thought I'd win because a lot of people joined the contest. and I mean a lot. My chance of winning was so slim especially because I hardly even proofread my blogs. Here's the criteria:

  • Read-worthy - 50%

    The biggest chunk of your points will go to this. After all, we do visit blogs to read and view (if there are pictures!) them, right? Good blogs have interesting content and, let’s not forget, good grammar. ;-) Does your blog make your visitor want to read more?

  • Eye Candy - 25%

    How well is your blog designed? Does your design tie up with your content? It’s everything about how you place your image headers, links, ads, etc. It’s all about the colors you use and the fonts, too. Does it look like a big confusing mess or an organized kind of clutter?

  • Consistency - 15%

    How often do you update your content? It doesn’t mean that you do it everyday but you do update on a regular basis. Who would want to visit a blog that isn’t updated in a month, right?

  • Real Deal - 10%

    How original is your site? From the design to the concept to the actual content, how much of is it is really yours? Pretty designs and graphics downloaded from other people can only take you so far, but engaging content made by you is what’s important.

Good grammar takes like 50% of the whole frigging thing. :))

Anyways, I just really wanted to read other people's blogs. It's nice to know I'm not the only one addicted to it. ;)

I thought the contest would only have one winner as the "best blog". I never knew there were other categories.

Last night, while I was going through my blog's homepage, I thought of clicking the sticker to check out if I received any new comments. Some random stranger posted this:
9. brae says:
good luck, dear:)
May 16, 2008 at 2:34 pm
First reaction: Wow! A compliment from a random stranger! =)

I never thought those 3 words had a deeper meaning..

Preview of the recent posts in the "2008 Teen Blog Awards" thread were shown at the right portion of my page there in CandyMag.

muling namamalimos po ng support  0;best use of photography - drowning at 3ft ht tp://www.candym ag.com/blogawar ds/vote

First reaction: Muling namamalis ng suppport for best use of photography? WAIT WHAT?! THERE ARE CATEGORIES?!?!

So I clicked the link that would redirect me to the thread. There were already a lot of people promoting their blogs. Wow. Good thing, all of them gave the link that would redirect you to the list of semi-finalists.

Guess what? I'm one of the 5 semi-finalists in the "Best Overall Blog"!

Overall blog. Wow. It's like the category to be part of. :)) Out of 798 registered blogs, I'm part of the top 5! AAAH!

I checked out the blogs of the 4 other semi-finalists.

http://kaakaams.co.nr/
http://morningmonster.blogspot.com/
http://kyutie.com/
http://memoirofanheiress.blogspot.com/

Brae [the girl who posted a comment] turned out to be one of the semi-finalists. She owns morningmonster.blogspot.com

If ever I'll win, I'll get an Asus EEEPC Laptop. I didn't join the contest for the prize. hehe. I already have a laptop. ;) I plan to sell it and use the money to probably buy a PSP. :)

PLEASE SUPPORT ME! :)

For those who have an account there: http://candymag.com/blogawards/vote

I am A Blogger's Paradise! =D

2 comments:

Liza C Abad said...

blog hopping..

and oh..

good luck sa blog awards.. :)

Anonymous said...

yess... buy a psp so we will play tekken and you can train and we'll play and i won't be bored anymore...